Why Choose This Course?
The course provides just the right amount of training on the structural and behavioral aspects of the UML® notation to allow you to use it with confidence, but without burying you with all of the obscure and rarely used semantics of the language!
The Unified Modeling Language™ is a very rich industry standard notation that can be used to define structural and behavioral constructs at various levels of abstraction, from the business level down to the implementation level.
The course covers a subset (2 days) or the complete language (3 days), augmented with the extended features provided by Enterprise Architect such as Requirements capture and modeling. It includes hands-on exercises and best practice recommendations.
What Will You Learn?
Module: Introduction to Enterprise Architect
- User Interface
- Managing Projects
- Managing Diagrams
- Creating Diagram Elements
- Managing Diagram Element Appearance
- Deleting Model Elements
- Managing Connectors
- Managing Package Content
- Tool Configuration
Module: Requirements Management
- Creating, Importing and Organizing Requirements
Module: Use Case Management
- Guidelines for Defining Actors and Use Cases
- Creating Use Case Diagrams
- Modeling Scenarios and Constraints
- Using Behavioral Diagrams to Illustrate Scenarios
- Tracing Requirements to Use Cases
Module: UML Activity Diagram
Application Architecture - Structural Models
Module: UML Class Diagram (Structure)
- Classes, Objects and Object-Oriented Principles
- Creating Relationships
- Adding Attributes
- Adding Rules, Constraints, Stereotypes & Tagged Values
Module: UML Composite Structure Diagram
Module: UML Component Diagram
Module: UML Deployment Diagram
Application Architecture - Behavioral Models
Module: UML Class Diagram (Behavior)
- Discovering and assigning Responsibilities using Patterns
- Defining Operations and Receptions
- Defining Interfaces
Module: UML Sequence Diagram
Module: UML State Machine Diagram
Module: UML Interaction Overview Diagram
Module: Traceability and Navigation
- The Relationships window
- The Relationship Matrix
- The Traceability window
- Other traceability features
Module: Core Features
- Documentation Generation
- Document Artifacts
- Model Searches
- Managing Baselines and Comparing Models
Module: Extra Features
- Diagram Features
- Boundaries, Swimlanes, Matrix, and Kanban
- Content filters, Notes, and Active Legends
- Element Features
- Browser, Compartments, and Replication
- Other Features
- Working Sets, Charts, Dashboards, Heat maps, Hyperlinks, etc.
Module: End-to-End Exercise
- The online bookstore model (or a User defined exercise)
Who Should Attend
All analysts, designers, architects, quality assurance engineers and developers who want to model using the UML® standard.
Our many years of experience as UML® practitioners allied with our broad knowledge of the EA tool, puts Cephas into a unique position to offer these high quality training classes. The synergistic combination of learning the notation within the context of the tool is designed to minimize any adoption learning curves.
Business and Application Architecture using UML® (2-day course)
Application Architecture using UML® (2-day course)
Application Architecture using UML® with Code Generation (2-day course)
Business and Application Architecture using UML® (3-day course)
Or contact us for a customized curriculum!
This Training Is Available Via...
With one of our expert course leaders at your site!
Online web-based class, from the comfort of your desk!
Course Inquiry Form
To inquire about pricing, availability, or other information related to this training course please, tell us your requirements by completing the form below (alternatively call us at the number specified in the Contact Us page).
We will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Complete all required fields.
- Hit Backspace to clear fields.
- Please wait for confirmation after clicking Send.