Modeling with the UPDM Framework - 2 Day Course
For organizations seeking to leverage the UML® Profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM) Framework using the Enterprise Architect modeling tool
Why Choose This Course?
Learn best practices in modeling with the UPDM Framework using this comprehensive, repository-based, tool that supports a variety of standard modeling notations such as UML®, OMG SysML™ and ArchiMate®!
A solid understanding of the UPDM (or DoDAF) concepts and viewpoints is highly recommended!
Who Should Attend?
Project managers, business subject-matter-experts, analysts, architects, designers and all other personnel who are intended to populate the framework with any of the artifacts required to produce its different views.
What Will You Learn?
Module: Introduction to Enterprise Architect
- User Interface
- Managing Projects
- Managing Diagrams
- Creating Diagram Elements
- Managing Diagram Element Appearance
- Deleting Model Elements
- Managing Connectors
- Managing Package Content
- Tool Configuration
Module: Traceability and Navigation
- The Relationships window
- The Relationship Matrix
- The Traceability window
- Other traceability features
Module: UPDM Framework Interface
- Creating a Framework Instance
- Additional Add-in Menu Options
Module: All Views
- AV-1, AV-2
Module: Capability Viewpoint
- CV-1 -> CV-7
Module: Operational Viewpoint
- OV-1a, OV-1b, OV-1c, OV-1d
- OV-2, OV-3, OV-4, OV-5
- OV-6a, OV-6b, OV-6c,
- OV-7, DIV-1, DIV-2
Module: System Viewpoint
- SV1 -> SV9
- SV-10a, SV-10b, SV-10c
Module: Project Viewpoint
- PV-1, PV-2, PV-3
Module: UPDM Elements and Concepts
- Reference Material
Module: Tool Features
Module: Core Features
- Documentation Generation
- Document Artifacts
- Model Searches
- Managing Baselines and Comparing Models
Module: End-to-End Exercise
- Custom Assignment or the default Search and Rescue scenario
- build the core artifacts specified by UPDM;
- create or generate the required views;
- learn about alternate ways of modeling the views;
- leverage the capabilities of the tool.
This Training Is Available Via...
Course Inquiry Form
To inquire about pricing, availability, or other information related to this training course please, tell us your requirements by completing the form below (alternatively call us at the number specified in the Contact Us page).
We will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Complete all required fields.
- Hit Backspace to clear fields.
- Please wait for confirmation after clicking Send.